Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Nails - You Will Never Be One of Us

Adult Crash and I really want to focus on hardcore punk bands with this blog, but today is going to be different. Crash and I don't agree on everything and grind-core music is one of those things. And Morissey. But recently, I came across this video of a band by the name of Nails and I was blown away.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that one of my favorite guitar players from the left coast was fronting the band, Todd Jones. That guy has played in some solid bands over the years like Carry On, Internal Affairs, Betrayed and Terror, to name a few.And he's a swell guy that we've both met and talked to over the years.




Now, Crash is not a fan of grind-core. I don't know why? It's only awesome and all. But he did have this to say when I asked him to give this a listen.

Adult Crash: I actually saw this video a while back and there's no denying the craft. It's tight and executed flawlessly, as you'd expect anything with Todd Jones to be. But it's just not my flavor. I'm not surprised to see him doing a band like Nails. The guy is such a talented guitarist / musician.

Crash is right, the guy is crazy talented. I went ahead and ordered their newest album You Will Never Be One Of Us from iTunes and it was been played over and over again for the last few days. The title track is the opener on this album and it was the perfect way to start the musical assault on my senses.

The album sounds great and delivers repeated punches to the gut with each song on it. My favorite song on here is a short, but sweet medley called Friend To All. But almost all the songs on this album are short and sweet. I haven't been this excited for a grind-core band in a long time. And I know they have played the Maryland Deathfest before and I believe they're playing it again. In which case, I plan on going up to see them. If you're into music that makes you want to lose your shit, then check these guys out. It won't disappoint.

D.C.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment