Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Breakdown - Running Scared Demo + Live WNYU

Been meaning to talk about this record since it came in the mail, but I got a little side tracked. Here we have, in all of it's glory, the Breakdown - Running Scared Demo on vinyl. This is something that needed to be put out in a proper way for quite some time.

The record comes with the demo, plus an unreleased version of "All I Ask" and "Hold Me Back", plus an awesome WNYU session. The insert has some cool pictures that I've never seen before along with a history of the band told by Jeff Perlin.

If you've already heard the tape before, then you already know the greatness of it. If you haven't? Then you need to find a way to get your hands on one of these records. By now, they're probably sold out everywhere. But it doesn't hurt to look around. The guys at Painkiller deserve props for putting this out, because it looks and sounds great.

My only complaint about this release is that there is no download code for the music. Come on?! Really? Thankfully, I have a decent digital copy of the demo and live tracks. With no download code, I feel like I got this record back in the summer of 1988!   

D.C.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment