Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I was a teenage pencil neck geek.

I was recently browsing eBay for records when I came across this one. I'd never seen it before and it clearly looked like a bootleg and I had to have it. Why? Because it's their 1980 Demo. Duh! Well actually, it's partly because of the fact that it's their demo and partly because it seems to be something that mocks Henry Rollins.

Maybe this cartoon is old news and I somehow missed it, but I needed to see it for myself. It shows a scrawny Henry Rollins on the beach with a girl and some bigger guy runs by and kicks up sand on them. Henry is bummed by the whole thing and the bigger guy says that he would smash his face, but decides against it since he's so skinny. Henry's girl even busts his balls by calling him a "little boy" after the exchange.

Later, you see Henry throwing a temper tantrum and dreaming of being bigger all thanks to "hardcore punk rock" and getting lots of tattoo's and scowling. You then see him more muscular and with his trademark tattoo's and punching out the beach bum from earlier. His girl is even swinging from his dick at the end by saying "oh, Henry! You are a real man after all." Quite frankly, that ending sucked. He should've kicked his chick to the curb and picked up the other chick on the beach that was jocking his new build.

The back side of the sleeve is an advertisement for a book that Henry recommends. Apparently, it will help you be a new man. Screw the music, I'm gonna make this my summer reading! I need to look my best for all the ladies out there.

D.C.S.



No comments:

Post a Comment