Friday, July 31, 2015

New band with a demo...

Things have been pretty slow over here at D.C. Sniper Headquarters. Malvo has been on "vacation mode" for the better part of July. He's getting ready to go to the beach with his lady friend and I'm sure there is no one happier than the trash/recycling guy that picks up the collection of beer cans that he drags out to the curb every week. Come to think of it, I'm sure his recliner will be happy to get its form back from his fat ass sitting in it all the time playing video games. But I digress...

I was on the look out for some new tunes and thanks to a friend of a friend, I was given a heads up about a new band from PA called Nation Of Wolves. Not sure who they are since there's no info about that on the Band Camp page, but I can safely tell you this much...this demo is the swift kick to the nuts that I was looking for. I was floored when I first heard it and then I listened to it another 6 or 7 times and loved it more and more each time. They remind me of Floorpunch, Raw Deal and Negative Approach. Quite frankly, the singer sounds a little like John Brannon and Jeff Perlin put together. And that's not a bad thing.



According to their bio on Facebook, they are "4 dudes in their late 30's playing hardcore ala Cro Mags, Raw Deal, Floorpunch, No Warning, Negative Approach Bad Brains, Outburst, Breakdown." Looks like I wasn't far off on my description of them. And it's awesome to see some older guys keeping it real with their love of hardcore. I recognize Matt Smith of Rain On The Parade, Hands Tied fame, but I'm not so sure about the other guys. No upcoming show info, but it looks like they were at This Is Hardcore. I can only hope that somebody gets them to come down to D.C. sometime soon so I can check them out. In my opinion this demo is a sign of fantastic things to come. Do yourself a favor and pony up a couple of bucks and download this thing from Band Camp ASAP! - Adult Crash

D.C.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment